Re: About MCAD integration

On Mon, May 06, 2013 at 11:50:34AM +0200, Tomasz Wlostowski wrote:
> I need complex designs. My old PC has no problems handling this one:
> http://www.ohwr.org/attachments/1916/svectop_s.png (with very
> accurate STEP models) at ~20-30 FPS. The PC is probably worth less

I see a lot of empty space :D Is that an optical transceiver? That board
looks somewhat expensive (and an hell to pass EMC with...)

> than $200 now. So if somebody does 10-layer boards and can afford
> prototypes, he should be also able to dig out $200 for a PC that is
> capable of visualizing them :)

I've seen modern PC crawling under CATIA and SolidWorks. Probably they
stress them much more, I don't know. From what I've seen you have
*never* enough GPU power for MCAD...

> Take any 3D game and replace all the characters with bounding boxes :)

Maybe you could run them with an integrated GPU then:P

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl