Re: Regression Testing

On 25 May 2013 21:16, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 05/18/2013 05:20 AM, Brian Sidebotham wrote:
> > On 18 May 2013 05:46, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:
> dick@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
> >

> >     On May 17, 2013 5:00 PM, "Brian Sidebotham" <
> brian.sidebotham@xxxxxxxxx
> >     <mailto:brian.sidebotham@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
> >     >

> >     > Sorry Dick! Please find the diff attached. It took me ages to sort
> the branding out.
> >     It turns out that NSIS is only happy with an 8-bit windows bitmap
> with no colourspace
> >     information or run-length-encoding. Once I found that out, I could
> generate some
> >     initial bitmaps for the nsis installer. I've attached a few images
> of what the
> >     installer steps look like on my machine.
> >
> >     Looks as good as it can.  Thanks for sorting that out.
> >

> >     >
> >     > Let me know if you're happy and I'll commit the changes. It
> re-enables the NSIS
> >     installer for the package target.
> >     >

> >     Can we have a variable to test which reenables the zip packaging?
>  So either can be
> >     built by cmake.
> >
> >     I assume your higher level cmake scripts, say in winbuilder, will be
> easier if python
> >     is installable as a zip.
> >
> >     I will put both types of packaging at google.
> >

> > I've not excluded the ZIP packaging, so at the moment make package
> results in a zip and
> > installer executable which I guess is right if we're going to supply
> both packages.
> >
> > Yes, a zip package is easier to deal with for something like winbuilder
> as it can be
> > installed locally and doesn't need to be installed machine-wide.
> >

> >     > I've marked all components as "required to be installed"
> >     >
> >     > Is pointing the the installer licence page to the LICENCE file
> correct? Or do we
> >     want to do a separate licence file for Python-a-mingw-us?
> >
> >     It is still python.  Python is plagued with an evolutionary license.
>   What about
> >     simply pointing via url to python's license at python site?  That
> way any confusion is
> >     pinned there.
> >
> >     On a-mingus itself, for extension building on windows, maybe a cmake
> template, which
> >     has knowledge of header and lib locs?  Since no distutils for mingw?
>  Possibly a
> >     python wrapper to the cmake creation from template process?  Could
> code the cmake
> >     script tempate in the python wrapper file.  Customize it, write out
> cmakelists.txt,
> >     with proper dirs and libs and targets in it.  Runs cmake, then make,
> then make install.
> >
> > That sounds like a great idea. It will be good to give support to people
> who want to
> [...]
Thanks for getting them up Dick. I'll take a look at the issues in the next
couple of days. I think it is probably best to use our own NSIS template,
as CMake's built-in one is pretty limiting. I think as we need to set
PYTHONHOME we have to use our own template anyway - which means learning
the NSIS scripting language a bit more.

I should commit some progress in the next couple of days. I've been busy
CMakeifying wxWidgets + wxPython. Progress is going well, but still plenty
to write.

Best Regards, Brian.