Re: Python Scripting on Windows with KiCad-Winbuilder

On 4 August 2013 22:42, Brian Sidebotham <brian.sidebotham@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 4 August 2013 22:19, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> Any platform detection tests can cause grief, since we do not claim to be
>> Windows in the
>> python runtime.  We claim to be "gcc compiled" with some other attribute
>> that talks about
>> OS (cannot remember).  If you were to do a diff across the entire bracket
>> of a-ming-us
>> revisions,
>>
>> bzr diff -r 1..latest  <regression tests>
>>
>> limited to the regression test directories,
>> you will find one of the patches I applied to test for our platform
>> specifically.  It will
>> be the one with "gcc" in it.  We cannot report "Windows" as our platform
>> because mingw and
>> MSVC actually do a couple weird regression tests differently.
>>
>> If PyCrust is assuming a limited set of platforms, it may be coming up
>> short and running
>> into an unsupported platform code path.
>>

>> Dick
>>

> Thanks for the great information Dick. I've just done a quick test
> directly through Python-a-mingw-us:
>
> Python 2.7.4 (default, Mar 18 2013, 12:04:44) [gcc] on win32
>
> PyCrust crashes as soon as you focus on it. So this can at least be
> debugged without KiCad sitting ontop.
>
> PyCrust has worked previously with PyCrust because I've used it. So this
> problem shouldn't be too bad to solve.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Best Regards, Brian.

The STC sample in the wxPython build (From the wxWidgets library, i.e. the
cpp sample) behaves exactly the same, hanging on focus. I need to fix the
wxWidgets-cmake project.

I'm on the case and a fix should arrive in our inbox shortly! Probably just
got some compiler definitions wrong or something.

Best Regards, Brian.