Re: Why pcbnew is statting so much?

On Sun, Aug 04, 2013 at 03:49:27PM -0500, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> KISYSMOD contains the platform specific portion of the path your "KiCad system" footprint
> libraries.  It can be used to achieve cross platform neutrality within a potentially
> platforn neutral, i.e. 'common' fp library table on *your* systems.  (No effort is made to
> have a common table for all KiCad installations, since you will go off and customize the
> table for your needs.

> The logical fp library table is a conceptual concatenation of a global table fragment and
> a "project specific" table fragment, with priority given to "project specific" portion.
> fp library table columns.  The link points to a sensible global table fragment.

I feel all of this is needlessly complicated, however I trust you people
tought well about that:P In fact the only thing I miss from the current
arrangment is some kind of 'technology set' (i.e. the same package
designed for 0.2mm isolation and for smaller ones). Changing the path
works fine for me (expecially since the modules are copied in the board,
so no troubles like eeschema when passing files around).

Anyway have fun with that, it seems an interesting approach.

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl