Re: Python Scripting on Windows with KiCad-Winbuilder

On 5 August 2013 07:54, Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo <miguelangel@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm really amazed to see what you got here. I'm a little off the project
> lately (just reading your efforts and changes weekly while doing
> non-stop-work, in the hope to be back soon).
>
> I felt that I had to write and say THANKS. You're awesome developers and a
> great team.
>
> Soon I will be having some vacation, and I expect to put a few days in the
> scripting api documentation project, I had a plan that I wanted to test.
>
> Again, thanks for all the hard work, and *congratulations*.
>
> Brian: I didn't understand, but what was the problem with pycrust exactly?

Thank-you for the thanks Miguel. It took a long while to get wxPython
(well, wxWidgets converted to CMake), and there's still a lot of work left
to do. The MSVC build still fails for wxPython, but I just need to abstract
the compiler flags, so it should be relatively painless to do.

Documentation will be great! I think it's going to be badly needed.

If we could host the API documentation on kicad-pcb.org, and along with
that have somewhere people/users can collaborate and put their own plugins
that would be great. I think we need to create somewhere to collate users
efforts for scripts.

The problem with pycrust was a problem with the wxscintilla library
compilation, you can see the latest commit for the fix (and the bug report!
;). Merely some missing defines which tune scintilla for wx. Now that is
fixed I'm just rolling some replacement releases *yawn*.

Best Regards, Brian.