Re: Pluggable IO modules

On 09/19/2013 04:31 PM, Miguel Angel wrote:
Clarification: making it generic means that we share the base class for
KICAD_PLUGINs and that we share the code for the manager.

Not that I intend to load pcbnew plugins into eeschema, or the other way
around.. which wouldn't have much sense.

How about browsing footprints/3D models/symbols in eeschema and assigning them directly on the schematic? Such integrated browser could rely on dynamically loading certain, well defined interfaces of pcbnew (for footprint/3D visualisation) in eeschema.

Cheers,
Tom