Re: First impressions on fp-table

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 10:49:56AM -0500, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> a) Having a record of that *previous directory* is one thing.
>
> b) Using it to set CWD is another.
>
> c) Using it as the base path in wxFileSelectDialog() is another.
>
> d) Certainly c) could be done without b).
>
> e) Instead of d) you could make the true "current CWD" be the wxFileSelectDialog base path.
>

> Got that?  Could ask Lorenzo, or take a poll on choice between d) and e), again pertaining
> to no command line options to pcbnew.

Wow, I've got the choice :P:P

IMHO a chdir makes sense only when a board is opened... the recent list
should handle the 'common case' (i.e. opening the last file used), so
why change it?

Alas, the 'current cwd' when not started from the shell not necessarily
is significant (under Windows it's from the lnk file, under Linux or OSX
I don't know... maybe from the .desktop or simply the home?)

Anyway I don't think it's a big problem (unless it pops an error if the
previous dir is gone away...) since:
- From the project manager AFAIK the full path is passed so it can chdir
  correctly during the open (or trying to)
- When opening probably you will navigate to the target board so the
  current directory is more like a convenience
- From the command line you get what you ask

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl