Re: Github plugin.

On 10/4/2013 3:24 AM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> On 10/01/2013 08:47 AM, Carl Poirier wrote:
>> Hey I forgot to tell you yesterday that while moving the libs to GitHub, I had to rename
>> the "smd_crystal&oscillator" one since GitHub doesn't allow the '&' character to be used.
>> I called it "smd_crystal_and_oscillator", and thus it will fail with any fp-lib-table
>> based on the one I sent earlier, which was tailored to the converted local files.
>>

> Quick poll:
>
> What do folks think of *footprints* named like this?
>

>    SOT23_Transistor_BC846_Handsoldering_RevA_03Aug2010
>

> Attached is a revised fp-lib-table for GITHUB.  The nicknames are shorter, no revisions or
> dates in them.
>

> BTW, I much prefer something like this:
>

> SOT23_Transistor_BC846_Handsoldering_RevA_03Aug2010_while_I_was_wearing_my_blue_shirt_after_lunch_where_we_ate_pizza

I alluded to this in my footprint library table call for help.  It is
impossible to fit some of the footprint library names and the footprint
names on a 1920X1200 display in CvPcb.  This not very usable when I can
only view a fraction of the name without scrolling.  You have my vote
for the shorter naming convention.  Why not put the extra information in
a comment now that pretty footprints handle comments?