Re: Library Convention

I originally thought the libraries were concerned when it came to units in
eeschema. Thanks for the clarifications. So, why can't a 2.5mm grid be
added, in the end?

> There actually is a standard for both pin 1 and orientation. Well, *two* standards
:D both IPC (IPC-7351) and IEC (61188-7) have it...

Which one is used more widely? IPC-7351 Level A (pin one upper left) or
IEC-61188-7 (lower left) ?

How about these rules, for SMT devices always:

-Using a 100mil grid, pin ends and origin must lie on grid nodes (IEC-60617)
-Pin must have a length of 100, or 150mil if number needs more space
(IEC-60617)
-Pin 1 must be in quadrant 1 (IPC-7351), if not possible quadrant 3 (
IEC-61188-7)
 -Origin is placed in the middle with respect to device leads (IEC-61188-7)

Regards,

Carl