Re: Forward-compatibility in s-expression formats

On Thu, May 08, 2014 at 03:10:48PM -0700, Rick Walker wrote:

> > it because I don't care if my old software does not load new
> > footprints.  (I type $ make, and I can load the new footprints.)
>
> I know you are a code developer and have the highly idiosyncratic kicad
> build process finely balanced at all times.  Typing "make" works for you.

That only if you take in account trunk extension. IIRC the feature was
proposed to keep branch modifications readable from trunk. make wouldn't
apply in this case (unless you dig out the specific branch and hope it
works)

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl