Re: Another strange thing happening launching from the kicad manager

On 05/27/2014 02:43 AM, Lorenzo Marcantonio wrote:
> On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 09:33:30AM +0200, Lorenzo Marcantonio wrote:
>> to pinpoint where the event loop is getting stuck... all the UI works
>> (menu opens and so on) but code is not getting dispatched.
>
> OK, it was actually easier than I tought... during library load a lib is
> missing and it want to show the 'The following libraries could not be
> found:' dialog.
>
> It does the ShowModal and the following nested gtk-main loop but the
> dialog is not mapped (strangely other UI elements are still accessible,
> something in the 'modal' stuff is incomplete). I presume it's still
> waiting for a dialog dismissal (but the dialog is not on screen anyway)!
>
> No complaints from the debug gtk, either.
>
> Could it be that at that time some wx structure is not yet ready from
> the kiface machinery?

Alright, let's fix the message output capability first, (before we supply the library
which would sweep the reporting bug under the rug).

Help me duplicate the reporting bug please.

Can you do a

$ ldd _eeschema.kiface

and see what's missing?  I can hide that library and try and duplicate your situation.