Re: New layer ids

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 6:00 PM, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Generally you should not expect me to beg to make my contributions.

Sorry to insist, but this is important for us. Neither Tom nor I asked
you to beg to make contributions. We did not even challenge your
decision to proceed after discussing only with Wayne and Jean-Pierre.
This is not the management style I prefer, but I respect it. We were
just referring to the decision not to inform key stake holders (or the
whole list for that matter)  after the decision was taken. However I
look at it, I cannot see the good this does to KiCad. Our recent
public and private exchanges have made it clear to me that you will
not change this practice, so I am not writing to try to convince you,
but just to state my disagreement publicly, as I congratulate you and
thank you publicly for your many contributions to KiCad. I am
addressing this request to the future project leader of KiCad, in the
hope that he agrees that KiCad would benefit from a change in this
respect. I am also writing publicly because I think this information
could be relevant to other current and potential contributors in this
list. Please do not take it personally. This is just a disagreement on
project management practice. Because I want KiCad to be better, it is
normal that I write if I see something which in my opinion needs
improvement. That's all. Thanks again for your work.

Cheers,

Javier