Re: 3D viewer, VRML V1.0 support

On 07/14/2014 09:21 PM, Mário Luzeiro wrote:
I was also look in in boost. both gml and boost looks not very friendly for a developer like me.
Can the glm be used/mixed with boost functions?

I doubt. Probably you would need some routines to translate between two data structures, but in my opinion it is not worth it.

boost seems more complete, but glm more user friendly...

What do you miss in glm? Let us know why do you need math libraries, maybe there are simpler solutions to the problem. Here you may receive a piece of advice from knowledgeable people.

what exactly files/folder did you use glm? any good examples?

A very basic example is in include/gal/opengl/vertex_manager.h. Also the official webpage shows a few code snippets [1].

Regards,
Orson

[1] http://glm.g-truc.net/0.9.5/code.html

Thanks!
MRL
From: Maciej Sumiński [maciej.suminski@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 14 July 2014 20:42
To: Mário Luzeiro
Cc: kicad-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Kicad-developers] 3D viewer, VRML V1.0 support

Hi Mario,

Please have a look at include/math directory - there you may find some
basic vector/matrix data structures. If you are looking for more
advanced functionality, I recommend glm library [1] located in
include/opengl/glm. I use it with the OpenGL backend, so there are
chances that it will satisfy your needs.

Regards,
Orson

[1] http://glm.g-truc.net/0.9.5/index.html