Re: FOSDEM biggest open-source Europen conference just finished

On Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 10:46 PM, Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo
<mangelajo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I would be very glad of joining you, I was planning to be there
> as I have interests in other projects and meeting other people too.
>
> Javier, could you take care of making a reservation for "our topic" :)

Yes, I sent a proposal to FOSDEM and received a reply saying that a
FOSS EDA dev room definitely makes sense. They asked me to send a more
detailed plan with a proposed agenda and speakers. I need to do that
before the deadline of 15 September. I am pretty sure KiCad will be
well represented. I think we should make a special effort to have
Wayne come over, and I would like to ask all those who can make it to
Brussels cheaply to come and discuss. I have also received a
confirmation from one of the main QUCS developers. It would be great
if we could have people from NGSPICE, GEDA and GNUCAP too. Please
spread the word! We can also report on the work we are doing for
Icarus Verilog (adding VHDL support). If anybody has any other ideas,
this is the time. If we get enough interesting contributors I think we
have a very good chance of getting the dev room.

Cheers,

Javier