Re: version info does not get updated

On 9/3/2014 3:04 PM, yann jautard wrote:

> Le 03/09/2014 20:08, Wayne Stambaugh a écrit :

>> Rebuilding the dependencies is not what you want to do if all you are
>> trying to do is update the version string.
>
>> (...)
>
> yes of course that was rebuild_cache, I made a mistake writing the mail.
>
> So as you said you want to get Cmake to compare the version with the one
> in the file, I'm pretty sure it is not necessary. Just calling make
> rebuild_cache before make do the job pretty well.

This is not the optimal solution.  Using rebuild_cache will update
version.h even if the repo has not changed and cause unnecessary build
and link steps.  It's fine as a quick fix but the correct solution is to
have CMake generate the appropriate make file steps to test if there is
any change to the version string and regenerate version.h accordingly.