Re: Stable release version numbers.

I'm going to comment on everything posted thus far.  I don't have time
to reply on each individual comment.  I will say that I am not terribly
thrilled with date style version.  I'm not absolutely sure if it causes
grief for package management systems such as apt-get or yum.  I'm fine
with starting at whatever stable release version the next one would be.
 I believe it would be 3.0.0 or 4.0.0 since I've been with the project
but JP would know for sure.  Actually we would likely not have minor
point releases like 3.1.0 because of project policy of not backporting
features.  The only changes we will make to the stable branch is for
bugs that cause kicad to crash or loss and/or corruption of data.  The
only way I see this changing is if we have a huge influx of new
developers willing to take on that task.  Since we will be providing
nightly builds of binary installers in the not too distant future, users
who don't mind bleeding on the edge can help test new features in the
development branch.  I don't think that is unfair to ask users to help
contribute to the testing.