Re: OSX updates

> On Nov 6, 2014, at 11:32 AM, Jean-Paul Louis <louijp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Bernhard and Adam,
> I agree with Bernhard that the libraries should not be in the app bundle, but the libraries should still be in the same dmg package, as it would be very frustrating for a beginner to install the app and find out that they cannot do anything worth a try until they contact someone who can tell them where to download the libraries and install them.
>
> That could be done in a single dmg package with the app bundle going to /Applications/KiCad(or kicad), and the libraries going to ~/Library/Application Support/kicad/library(and modules and 3dpackages).

Oh, yes, I see : the disk image should have two top-level folders, one called "kicad" which the user should drag to the Applications folder (or wherever) and the other called libraries, which the user should drag to the library install location (generally ~/Library/Application Support/kicad).

Some commercial programs which ship as a disk image are quite clever, and they'll have a background image which shows the folders pointing to an alias of the destination, with instructions to the user "DRAG HERE!" I don't know how to do that, but from the user perspective that's pretty obvious and good!

-a