Re: OS X File Open Dialog

Hi Bernard,

Different from the patch I have added the code to
>   bool PGM_BASE::initPgm()
> because this seems to be one of the more global spots to initialize things.
> I am not sure about that… in kiface_i.cpp
>   bool KIFACE_I::start_common( int aCtlBits )
> would also maybe appropriate?
>
> But… even if it brings back the filter drop down, it doesn’t seem to work
> with wxWidgets 3.0.2.
> The
> <<<
>     wxFileDialog dlg( aParent, _( "Open Board File" ), path, name,
> fileFilters,
>                       wxFD_OPEN | wxFD_FILE_MUST_EXIST );
>
>     if( dlg.ShowModal() != wxID_CANCEL )
>     {
>         int chosenFilter = dlg.GetFilterIndex();
> >>>
> dlg.GetFilterIndex() always return 0 regardless from what I choose.
> Moreover, changing the filter does not affect the file list at all (from
> the wxWidgets code it should…).
> I guess files not matching the current filter should get greyed out, but
> always all supported files are enabled.
>
> So, this doesn’t really seem to fix the original problem - at least on
> both my 10.9 and 10.10 setup.
> Can somebody else confirm this?

You are right.

I dig a little and the real issue seems to be on wxWidgets. I filled a bug
on wxWidgets (still being moderated). The wxWidgets patch is attached here
together with my original change now applied at PGM_BASE::initPgm as you
did.

I tested it on OX 10.10 and it works as expected now. Patch cleanly applied
on wxWidgets 3.0.2 and wxPython 3.0.2.0.

Sorry to miss the wxWdgets issue.

Cheers,

-- Paulo Henrique
-- Curta Circuitos