Re: Netnames convention. Was: Boomerang[...]

Netlist generator could be merciful to me, when it would not have found
hierarchical information sheets. Alternatively in netlist dialog might be
included same or similar checkbox as I mention above… ;) Temporary I use
some external tools. Why that ? Because local labels takes less place(no
additional wire), so with my very small library symbols I can design
without hierarchical sheets… ;->

" Netlist generator could be merciful to me, when it would not have found
hierarchical information sheets"

I *fully* disagree.

About net names, the most important issue occurs when a net name used by a
zone is changed, for some reasons.

This is roughly was happens for you.

I spent a *lot of time* to try to fix this issue over the years, using
different ways.

Currently, it can happens, but the way net names are now built minimize this
 possibility.

Having a netlister which changes its behavior when it founds (or not) a
hierarchy is reopen this can of worms.

The reason is due to the fact you can start you design without using a
sub-sheet, and later, create a hierarchy, for some reason. When happens, the
 board will be broken.

I have some ideas to solve the netname zone issues, but I do not volunteer to
spend a lot of time just to remove one letter to the netnames in some
designs.

So it was not that I just only complain, also solve problems invented by
themselves… ;) :
https://github.com/LordBlick/edaNetHack

--
Best Regards,