Re: Feature freeze.

On 3/30/2015 5:02 PM, Tomasz Wlostowski wrote:
> On 30.03.2015 21:50, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:

>>> Hi Wayne,
>>>
>>> Some time ago I modified a bit the REPORTER class: added message
>>> severity levels & a wxHtmlView widget to filter/display them (see
>>> attached drawing showing the new report panel integrated with the
>>> netlist dialog). Do you agree to merge it?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Tom
>>>

>> Hey Tom,
>>
>> Did you create a new REPORTER object with the HTML message severity
>> levels or did you change the existing one?
> Hey Wayne,
>
> The changes are:
> - the interface of the base REPORTER class now includes severity
> parameter in Report() method,

Is the default severity none or normal so that existing code still has
the same look as before your changes?

> - made the filtering internal to REPORTER object or its derivatives
> (means less code on the client side, because one needs no longer check
> if a message type is enabled before generating it)
> - added a WX_HTML_REPORT_PANEL class (the widget itself, with filtering
> options & save report to file button)
> - updated plotter, export & netlist windows to use the new reporter
> - cleaned up and standardized the messages a little bit (e.g. removed
> '**** ERROR: something' -like messages)
> - added a short error message field in the IO_ERROR class (IMHO telling
> the user that a file was not found by showing source code file names and
> line/function numbers is a bit scary...).

Please do not remove this for debug builds.  As a developer, it is
extremely valuable when determining where an error occurred in the file
parser.  For release builds I'm fine with removing the source code file
name, function, line number, etc.