Re: Feature freeze.

On 02.04.2015 16:37, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:

>>> Did you create a new REPORTER object with the HTML message severity
>>> levels or did you change the existing one?
>> Hey Wayne,
>>
>> The changes are:
>> - the interface of the base REPORTER class now includes severity
>> parameter in Report() method,

Hi Wayne,

Sorry for digging this one out so late. I haven't been recently too much
into into Kicad development :/

> Is the default severity none or normal so that existing code still has
> the same look as before your changes?
The default severity is undefined - which means the message will always
appear in the HTML control, without any label (just like in the old
reporter).

>> - made the filtering internal to REPORTER object or its derivatives
>> (means less code on the client side, because one needs no longer check
>> if a message type is enabled before generating it)
>> - added a WX_HTML_REPORT_PANEL class (the widget itself, with filtering
>> options & save report to file button)
>> - updated plotter, export & netlist windows to use the new reporter
>> - cleaned up and standardized the messages a little bit (e.g. removed
>> '**** ERROR: something' -like messages)
>> - added a short error message field in the IO_ERROR class (IMHO telling
>> the user that a file was not found by showing source code file names and
>> line/function numbers is a bit scary...).
>
> Please do not remove this for debug builds.  As a developer, it is
> extremely valuable when determining where an error occurred in the file
> parser.  For release builds I'm fine with removing the source code file
> name, function, line number, etc.

I intended the short error messages only for 'dumb user' message boxes.
The original, long message with the full location info (line, etc) is
still there and I find it indeed very useful for debugging!

Cheers,
Tom

PS. Now I perhaps will have to rebase the report widget on the fresh
master, so give me a day or two to do that ;)