Documentation help (was Re: Zoom vs Help)

> On Jul 26, 2015, at 2:08 AM, Marco Ciampa <ciampix@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Coming home after long due holydays, I see this:
>
> On Mon, Jul 06, 2015 at 08:37:24AM -0700, Andy Peters wrote:
>> I am glad to help out with docs. If someone would be so kind as to
>> point me in the right direction, I’ll do what I can.
>
> Feel free to ask _any_ question.
>
> Start from here:
>
> https://github.com/ciampix/kicad-doc
>
> For a historical perspective, read this:

I grabbed the doc sources and installed an Asciidoc editor (Asciidoc FX). I think my main agenda will be to first make sure that what the docs say matches the software operation (I know, still a moving target), and also to eliminate the sort of circular definitions one often sees. You know, the sort of thing where there’s a button called Open Fetzer Valve and the doc says something pointless like, “Opens or closes the fetzer valve,” while never actually explaining what’s a fetzer valve and why you’d want to open or close it.

-a