Re: Net names in netlist

I hope this isn't a resolved issue. I wanted to put my 2 cents in too. I think this should be a warning in ERC. If you are methodology based designer, then you likely do not tie local nets together and if you do, it was a mistake. This is the only feature in KiCad that has every burned me and the board.... At the very least, if you do this try of connections, then you should be reviewing it anyway.

On 2015-07-25 13:18, André S. wrote:
Now at least I know that there are indeed people that use this as a
feature. :)

 Still I would like to have some mechanism to check for this.
 In your case to make sure that indeed only the desired labels are on
the same net.
 In my case that only one name is given to each net.
 Could still be done during ERC.
 But maybe even as an additional optional step before generating the
netlist. One additional button in the netlist dialog "Check for
multiple labels" or something like that.

 As for the netlist, the name in the netlist could be a concatenated
string of all labels on a given net (alphabetical order?). That would
prevent the confusion why there is one name on a net/pin that has a
different label on the given schematic sheet.

 André

On July 25, 2015 7:13:10 PM GMT+02:00, Adam Wolf