Re: GAL selection improvement suggestions

I am fairly new to the list so I didn't realize it had been widely
discussed already, sorry.
I understand your wariness about having lots of filter switches; it doesn't
seem ideal to me either.

My one concern with hover highlighting is that it almost always leads to
the need for disambiguation
when selecting something in a dense area with many stacked traces (etc.)
and so there is still
the need to make disambiguation less painful.

For me the disambiguation context menu really breaks the flow of selecting
things and working with them.
I'd rather the software guess at something and then let me correct the
guess.
In cases where there are only two options, that means the software has a
~50% chance of guessing the right thing!
If I could then use a hotkey to correct the guess, I wouldn't have to use
that key half the time,
and wouldn't be interrupted by the context menu in the times I did want to
use the hotkey.