Re: Full integration to Github

So I did just a import of "open" issues from launchpad.
https://github.com/marekr/kicad-issue-test/issues?page=7&q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen

1. Github's API rate limiting is extreme, they trip on "abuse
detection" really really often so it took ~24 hours just to get 700
issues and only partial comments
2. I stopped it because I had people complaining github was spamming
them with notifications. This is because the @ mentions from launchpad
were being copied. You would think they would be smart enough to
disable notifications for API posted issues or make it an option to
silence it.

So what can I say:
1. Importing the entire set (open and closed) of issues would take a
very long time with the rate limiting. I would say all the closed
issues on LP are honestly useless and don't need to be moved as they
can stay archived there forever, god forbid anyone every needs to look
at one.
2. "Syncing" GH to LP open bugs would require a script/bot to keep
checking and posting comments between the two.

Personally what I would suggest:
1. We don't have to use github issues, it is an option to disable them.
2. There's always the option to self host our own bug tracker
separately from source control, with JIRA no longer melting the kicad
website server, perhaps something as simple as Trac could run on it?
Then you get a bug tracker that's arguably more user friendly than
launchpad and more fleshed out than github (they even calls their
lightweight so).
        a. we can shove in a github login plugin :D
        b. there's a plugin to sync launchpad to trac.

Otherwise, we can just import like I did and call it a day.