Re: PATCH: Set SMD attribute in footprint wizard

On 2016-02-16 19:00, jp charras wrote:
> Le 16/02/2016 18:05, Mikael Arguedas a écrit :
>> What can be done is add a parameter to this ceiling function which default
>> value would be 0.05 but that people can provide if they want a different
>> value.

Yes, I prefer parameters to tweak.

>> Regarding the ceiling function itself, I designed it only for the current
>> use of the python scripts drawing courtyard so I dealt only positive values
>> but if people can specify coordinates or lines in grid space it makes a lot
>> of sense to handle negative values.

It somehow needs to "symmetrically" towards as well as away from zero
or to/away from component origin. Hmm... might get tricky.

> Therefore round on grid to nearest with a grid size as parameter could
> be the best.

Yes, that sounds reasonable.

> (For very small footprints why to round coordinates or sizes ? This is
> not useful)

I am slowly working more and more towards automatic footprint generation
where I am finally able to adjust solder paste (stencil) openings (volumes)
as a percentage of pad areas and mask thickness depending on manufacturing
parameters.
(Ideally, I am able to adjust that in a finished layout.)
So, numbers can get odd, then. Then it would still be nice
if the values are clipped to reasonable decimals.
We propably don't want every script re-invent the wheel and
use it's very own rounding/ceiling magic there.

Regards,

Clemens