Re: KiCad GUI Translation HOWTO error (docs.kicad-pcb.org)

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 02:06:47PM +0100, Nick Østergaard wrote:
> Remember that that menu entry is different in the 4.0 series and the
> latest product. legacy versus defualt.
>
> @Marco, I would like to know if the 4.0 branch on kicad-i18n is
> aligned with he 4.0 series of kicad, I did not check it.  If it is
> aligned with the 4.0 series, we can safely tag it for the new release,
> but we can wait a bit if there are some translators that want a bit
> more time to finish the translations int hat branch for 4.0.2.

Sorry ... saw this mail only now. What do you mean?

If you are asking me if I updated the .po files for all the languages (if
I do it from time to time) the answer is no.

The reason is this: I have written a little script left on the root of
the i18n repo that could be used (without arguments) to update all the po
files of all languages (I usually run it with the language argument to
update only that specific language).

BUT if I run it for all languages I'll create a conflict if someone is,
at the same time, updating his language po file, so I do it only after
being warned translators some days before I do it (I've done it just one
time).

IMHO when the (strings of the) program freeze for a few days for a
release, that is a good moment to fire it, warning translators in advance
of course, to let translators see if there are strings left to translate
/ update.

If there is somewhere a "release procedure flowchart", this "standard
translation freeze procedure" sequence could be added to it.

--

Marco Ciampa

| GNU/Linux User  #78271 |
| FSFE fellow       #364 |