Re: Some new sweet features on the new 3D-Viewer

Hi Nick,

Would it be possible to share your project with me?
The loading times you refer does not make sense to me :/ So I have to test the project and see if I can find something wrong..
If any issues do share, you can "scramble" the board and send to me in a way that you still experience the issue.

I am also testing in a i5 2core(*2) CPU.

> On a second though, I mean solder paste and solder mask actually. :)

You mean you can have vias on (square?) pads and put solder paste in the vias? :)

> I see your implementaiton of the holes in the mask now. But it looks
> like the plating tube of the hole is smaller than the hole, is that
> how it was intended?

I tried to follow the (stable) kicad 3dviewer.
The copper thickness should be? smaller than the hole.. you can only put copper where there is a hole.

You probably are making this question because, you can actually see a copper cylinder.
I have the option to remove the solder mask the inner hole (of the inner holes of the copper cylinder) or the  outer hole (the hole of the via without copper)
In this case I choose the outer hole to remove the mask...
Makes more sense to you to choose the inner hole? (i.e it will hide the thickness pad of the cylinder and will cover it by soldermask)

> A slight bug I noted that, I saw that the pivot point is reset after a setting change to the viewer.

That is true, I already experienced that. Have to look on that.
Anyway, the load / and reload I still have in mind improvements.. so that still need revision.

>On a sidenote; what was your plan on actually cutting board artworks
>such as silk and pads and such that was outside of the board edge? If
>implemented, I hope this will happen sometime in the future, then it
>should be an option that can be enabled or disabled for the viewer.

That feature is not easily implemented :/ Or I may not be able to correct implement it... or... "I have to think about it..."

Keep testing!
Feel free to propose patchs! ;)

Mario Luzeiro