From: Nick Østergaard [oe.nick@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 07 March 2016 15:29
To: Mário Luzeiro
Cc: easyw; kicad-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Kicad-developers] Some new sweet features on the new 3D-Viewer

> Hi Nick,
>
> Sorry I didn't get it clear, would you like to exemplify?
>
> But for clarification:
> - Currently, the intersection (when you press middle mouse or spacebar) will be against the boundingbox of the board. The pivot point is 3D, it means that it can be intersected on the top size.. or on the bottom.. or sides of the board.
> So if you press in one side and keep it rotating, it will keep that position.

I would always expect the pivot point to be the point I selected on the pcb.

> - If you pan the board (i.e with cursor or with the mouse) it will keep the pivot center, but the "trackball" (what you rotate when you press the mouse) still is at the center of the full screen window.
> This is the same behavior as the current stable kicad.

This could be the reason for the "weird" behavior, because you will
suddenly get a lever arm from the center of the window and to the
board local point. This will make the pcb move a lot compared to how
much the cursor moves. Is this an artifact of a "beta" implementation
of the space select point on the pcb or is that a design decision?