Re: pcbnew: DXF export missing Line option

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 01:37:12AM +0200, easyw wrote:
> Once it worked, I plotted the DXF of Drawing Layer and Comment Layer to send
> the DXF to the mechanical manufacturer
> They could import directly DXF to produce the mechanical front panel without
> any human reworking
>
> Now this is unusable because of the DXF out which doesn't have a single line
> for the drawing outline

Same issue I encountered after this 'surprise' modification :D

The answer I got on the list is "you can construct in the CAD the
midline"... yes, I can also transfer the coordinate list by hand, if
that's the way to do it :(

Before we had (for the whole plotting world):
- Line: only the midpoint
- Sketch: the line outline (two lines joined by arcs)
- Filled: well, in DXF it was the same as sketch... I considered LWPOLY
  but they weren't too portable at the time

All of 3 have their use; at some point someone (don't remember) decided
that the line mode wasn't useful and ripped *all* the associated code;
at another time they changed the DXF code to output the current 'merged'
drawing (which *is* useful, for some applications). Too bad he pulled
away the previous ones.

Please try to not remove features in the future.

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
CZ Srl - Parma