Re: mode openGL issues after latest updates

On 05/31/2016 08:11 PM, jp charras wrote:
> Thanks, Orson.
>
> This version fixes the crash on my W7, 32 bits.
>
> I am now trying to compile in debug mode, but I have an undefined symbol:
> E:/kicad-launchpad/essais/opengl_ctx_fix/include/xnode.h:53: undefined reference to `vtable for XNODE'
>
> Unfortunately, especially on Windows, compiling Kicad in Debug mode takes a while.

It seems strange, XNODE is not even far related to my changes. Perhaps
there is something wrong with the build, can you start from scratch or
remove <build_dir>/common/CMakeFiles/common.dir/xnode.cpp.o and restart?

I have also checked wxWidgets examples, and cube is the only example
that deletes OpenGL context in WxApp::OnExit(). The others derive a
class from wxGLCanvas and delete the OpenGL context in its destructor,
as we did previously. It seems the right thing to do, as e.g. 3D viewer
creates a context every time its window is opened, so it should be
deleted when closed to avoid memory leaks.

I have added a few more changes to the previously mentioned Github
branch, including OpenGL context destruction when a GL window is closed.
I also had a few crashes on Windows that are now fixed, perhaps the
previous problem is now fixed as well. Would you check it, please?

If there are no more problems, I would like to merge the branch by the
end of this week.

Regards,
Orson