Re: About Bug 1604841: Pcbnew crash at moving via, and boost::context fixes to make it compatible with boost 1.61

On 08/01/2016 05:15 AM, Michael Steinberg wrote:
> Hey,
>
> pinpointing the problem proved really difficult, I didn't expect it
> where it was...
> This bug existed before my 1.61-patch and did not surface because
> DELEGATE would not clear its content on destruction. See the attached
> patch.
>
> That being said, I'm not yet 100% sure the macro'ed code for old boost
> versions is 100% correct. During my bug search I refactored and checked
> that part for [1.54, 1.66) since I suspected my stuff being the cause.
> I'll check with 1.56 later, need to catch some sleep first...
>
> Michael

Michael,

Thank you for investigating the problem. After reading your explanation,
I am not completely sure the bug has existed before the boost-1.61
patch. In the mentioned patch, the order of transitions.clear() and
COROUTINE constructor has been reversed [1]. Do you think it could cause
the bug? If so, then the stable branch never had this bug and as such
should be safe.

I am still unable to recreate the problem, so could you simply try to
revert the order again to see if it solves the issue?

Regards,
Orson

1.
https://github.com/KiCad/kicad-source-mirror/commit/06d4894fdbeb00727cdcc667b8899ad73d8eb1c2#diff-44c36eb97bef35a82242eba1b55fb1d4R539