Re: Improving SCM behaviour of kicad_pcb

Le 10/07/2017 à 20:51, Wayne Stambaugh a écrit :
> I'm not sure why power symbols would be re-annotated.  Maybe JP could
> shed some light on this.  It does seem odd that power symbols are
> annotated differently than non-power symbols.

There are 2 reasons:
* silently annotating power symbols (that are frequently modified) avoids too frequently popup the
annotate dialog (the early versions of Eeschema did not annotate silently power symbols, and this
annotate dialog, only to annotate power symbols, was annoying and even strange).
* reset the reference (not meaningful for users) of power symbols and rebuild it is just the easier
way to update these reference, from the point of view of C++ code.
Of course, this is not optimal from the point of view of SCM, but when this code was written, SCM
was not used to manage schematic project files.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS