Re: Dealing with addition to kicad_pcb files

Thoughts on the comments here?
I also expect when porting to a new fab, modifying the stackup, then running DRC onthe result without changing layout should be possible.
I would expect importing from DRU file would (optionally) overwrite stackup, DRC,Netclasses, and/or Via/Drill sizes. Saving to DRU file directly might be possible, but may not be "roundtrip accurate" in cases where KiCad is more flexible.
For more detail see my "Design Rules File load/save" thread here:https://forum.kicad.info/t/design-rules-file-load-save/7044/21

I also have DRC and listings of drills/holes by standard drill sizes in KiPadCheck with selectable drill set. The intention is to also be able to import the drill set from a manufacturer file:

https://forum.kicad.info/t/kipadcheck-works-with-nightly-seeking-feedback/7294/26Because the KiCad "manufacturer file" could include a lot more information than a DRU
file, my thought was that there might be a new file format. Maybe call it
"KMF" for KiCad Manufacturing File as a superset of what is included
in a DRU file.On Thursday, August 31, 2017, 1:02:09 PM CDT, Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:The project file is always an option.  This would prevent file formatissues and always be available as long as the project is open.  Thisfalls apart when the board is loaded outside of a project so that couldbe an issue.My preference is saving the stack up in the board file with animport/export option.
"