Re: Dealing with addition to kicad_pcb files

I thought of a better way to handle design rule files (herein referred
to DRFs).  Either add LoadDesignRules() and SaveDesignRules() to the
PLUGIN object (which really needs to be renamed PCB_PLUGIN now that we
also have SCH_PLUGIN) or create a separate DRF_PLUGIN.  My preference is
the former.  Both of these methods would be implemented for kicad board
files which would be useful for saving design rules in the kicad_pcb
file itself and exporting them to a stand alone file which could be
imported into another board design.  For third party plugins, only DRF
design rules in a separate file.  One thing that would make doing this
somewhat easier is if we had a DESIGN_RULE_MANAGER object that managed a
list of DESIGN_RULE objects.  I think the DESIGN_RULE_MANAGER would have
to happen before we start importing third party and/or creating our own
custom design rules.  Obviously this is going to be a large design
effort so before anyone starts writing code, we should create a proposal
so that we can come to some kind of consensus on the design and
implementation.