Re: Symbol library table remapping branch.

On 9/4/2017 7:36 AM, jp charras wrote:
> Le 01/09/2017 à 23:09, Wayne Stambaugh a écrit :
>> I finally found the time to finish the symbol library table remapping
>> implementation and I would like some help with testing before I merge
>> this into the master branch.  I would like to get as much testing as
>> possible.  I remember the issues when we switched from the same library
>> lookup format in Pcbnew so I would like to try to get as many of the
>> issues resolved before I merge the changes into the master branch.
>> Please back up your schematic files before you load them.  Otherwise you
>> will have a bunch of broken symbol library links in schematic since all
>> of the symbols names will now be in the new format
>> (LIB_NICKNAME:SYMBOL_NAME).  Also, please don't generate any external
>> files such as netlists with the remapped symbol names.  I haven't tested
>> any of that yet.  I am just trying to get the remapping as accurate as
>> possible.  The branch can be found in my dev repo at:
>>

> Good news, Wayne.
>
> I tested this branch and I encountered 2 issues.
>
> 1 - The remap dialog creates a suitable project symbol library table from the current .pro file, but
> the project symbol library table is not loaded by eeschema (the symbol library table config dialog
> always shows an empty project symbol library table, regardless the content of this table).
> As a consequence, symbols in a project library are not remapped (this is the more annoying issue).

Thanks for testing this, I'll take a look at it.  For all of the
projects I tested, as long as a symbol library file existed on the
system, was in the list of libraries specified for the project, and not
in the global symbol library table, the remapping code always included
those libraries in project symbol library table.

> 2 - if (inside Eeschema) I add a symbol lib in the project symbol library table, this library is
> shown in the symbol library browser (which is good), but if I try to select it, Eeschema crashed or
> shows a message saying a non handled exception happened (depending on the phase of the moon).

Unless you build against the latest commit (e32d626f) of the
remap-symbols-to-sym-lib-table branch, the library viewer, library
editor, and component chooser dialog will most likely be broken.  This
last commit fixed the library viewer to work with the symbol library
table.  I am working on the component chooser now which will hopefully
be done by this weekend.  That will only leave the library editor.  At
that point, the current library search method will no longer be in play
and it should be ready to merge into the master branch.