Re: KiCAD with MacOS Barely Usable

Well, it's working a bit faster without external display, but still laggy
enough to be an annoyance compared to windows.
Holding the middle button and panning the schematic in circles shows
incredible lag. In windows it's no more than 20 pixels separated from the
mouse cursor, actually hard to notice, and on mac it can be separated by as
much as an entire screen depending on how fast you move the mouse.
If I zoom in back and forth real fast, on windows I get instant display
feedback, on macOS I get a rubber band type effect with the zoom, it keeps
zooming after I stop, not sure it's either the rubber band or lag. Smart on
finger portables like phones, stupid on laptop/desktops.
I have already disabled inertia in my mouse/trackpad and all other sources
of rubber band that I could find online.

It might be an issue with hardware, not sure what to do about it though,
how do you quantify this problem and reliably test it though since it's a
user experience and speed/time issue in order to file a bug.

[image: Inline image 1]