Re: KiCad Libraries (again)

Hi,

On 15.09.2017 04:14, Oliver Walters wrote:

> Full description of library elements, including image previews /
> metadata / etc. This will be searchable.

I'd like to also get a culture going where the library is a huge
commons, and it is acceptable and encouraged to improve existing parts:

 - I have a lot of parts in "works for me" state, where I have made a
board that works, but where the part does not fully fulfill the KLC, so
is unsuitable for upload into the library as it is.

 - I'm planning a few changes to kicad for better support of large ICs
and ICs with multifunction pins, where we might want to add information
to a part we cannot currently encode (e.g. complex pin swapping rules
for large FPGAs).

Both nonconforming but working, and outdated elements still have some
value, so I'd like to keep them in the library but mark them in listings
so users can decide whether they want to use these as-is, improve them
or replace them with a new version.

   Simon