Re: GitHub Plugin (my nemesis)

On 02/10/17 11:37, Simon Küppers wrote:
I am no expert, but this question is out of the scope of this thread.. For downloading, gut applies compression anyway.

I respect the people having slow Internet lines.. However as shown a few posts backwards, the whole footprints and symbol library is like 100 megabytes without the 3d models. If think the benefit of a single repo outways the ability to download only a selection of libraries... By a LOT.

I agree with you here. Lets ignore the 3d model stuff and get back talking about the footprint libs.
We are planning a massive library reorganization. (for the v5 release)
This will require a lot more footprint libs. If all these new libs are all in a separate repo then this can not be done! In addition to the new repos the old once still need to exist (and have at least one footprint each) because otherwise the github plugin will stop working for everyone who has this old repo in their fp-lib-table.

**We library managers require whatever lib distribution is used to support one repo that holds all footprint libs.** (one repo that has the pretty folders as subdirectorys) To be honest i do not care what will be used as long as this requirement is fulfilled.

We would really need a decision soon. Are you guys prepared to help us out here such that we can move on with the lib reorganization? (The details of how you do it can be discussed later.)