Re: [RFC] redesign of Library Table dialog

On 11/11/2017 07:50 PM, Oliver Walters wrote:
> Tom,
>
> Another thought I have had which would address some ongoing discussion
> regarding default library paths.
>
> I think that the table(s) should show which libraries are located in
> 'read-only' locations. I am not sure how to determine this in an OS
> independent manner, but I think that it would be a really good feature -
> currently users get very confused regarding library paths.

Currently there is SYMBOL_LIB_TABLE::IsSymbolLibWritable and
FP_LIB_TABLE::IsFootprintLibWritable.  This could be refactored into an
optional virtual function LIB_TABLE_BASE::IsLibWretable() so that it
would have a table independent interface if that is even necessary.  It
should not be pure virtual because not all plugins implement library
handling.  I must have missed this in my refactoring frenzy.