Re: Library Editor refactor

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 02:39:16PM +0100, Maciej Sumiński wrote:
> On 11/22/2017 02:28 PM, jp charras wrote:
> > Le 21/11/2017 à 23:49, Maciej Suminski a écrit :
> >> I have just managed to fix the last issue (disappearing buttons in 'Save
> >> Library' dialog) and pushed the code to the master branch.
> >>
> >> Thank you for testing and comments, I really appreciate it. Now let's
> >> have a look at the abandoned patches on the mailing list and the bug
> >> tracker..
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Orson
> >

> > Hi Orson,
> >
> > With the new lib editor, I do not understand how I can copy a symbol from a library and to save it
> > in an other library.
> >
> > I perhaps missed something, but I am unable to select a new library to save the loaded (and perhaps
> > modified) symbol.
> > (This is a common case when you want to create a symbol library for the project).
> >
> > I can only export a symbol in a dummy file, and after select a new lib and import this dummy file.
> >

> > Thanks.
>
> Hi Jean-Pierre,
>
> There are three ways to do it:
> - In the component tree, right click on a part you want to copy and
> select 'Copy'. Then right click on the target library and select 'Paste
> Part'.
>
> - Export a part and then import it to another library (as you described).
>
> - Open a part, select everything, right click on the canvas and select
> 'Copy Block'. Then create a new part then click Paste icon on the top
> toolbar.

Please please please,

when some new feature is accepted (code merged in master branch), either
write it in the dev (master) branch of the documentation or somewhere to
enable doc writers to describe the new feature... (wiki? txt in the
source code? Bug Report?)

I think that a simple description in a bug report is the easiest way to
assure that new features get correctly described in the docs.
Parsing dev ml messages for these "hints" is IMHO unmanageable...

TIA

--

Marco Ciampa

 GNU/Linux User #78271