Re: COMPONENT_TREE performance

On 04/12/17 18:59, Jon Evans wrote:
> I've got some experience with Qt and would be willing to help out with
> investigating this at some point.   My only experience with wx is with
> kicad, and it seems to have many more problems than Qt...
> On the other hand, I disagree with the suggestion that Electron would be
> a good path for KiCad, every single Electron program I have used has
> terrible performance.

What I meant is using electron exclusively for the GUI (same as Qt), to
ease the design of a modern and customizable interface. All internals,
canvases, tools would be still C++. AFAIK most Electron apps are
entirely written in HTML/JS, which may be the reason for sluggish
performance.

Anyway, we'll have to stick to wx for the reasonable future.

Tom