Re: Renaming headers?

On 1/9/2018 11:02 AM, Tomasz Wlostowski wrote:
> On 09/01/18 16:21, Kristoffer Ödmark wrote:
>> Oh I was not planning on doing this, I am way to new to do a good job of
>> sorting the codebase. Just wanted to see if there have been anyone else
>> thinking in these lines. Currently in the pcbnew folder, the files seems
>> to be grouped by their names, which is also fine. I would just enjoy if
>> the files where grouped into folders more. there are currently 200+
>> files in the pcbnew root directory.
>>
>> For example:
>>     9 files starting with specctra
>>     47 files starting with class
>>     29 files starting with pcb
>>

> Hey,
>
> I would vote for moving the files into folders grouped by functionality.
> For example:
> - board/ - board model (class_board, track, via, etc) + core algorithms
> (zone filling, connectivity, ratsnest)
> - io/ - all I/O plugins and exporters (in separate subdirectories) +
> plugin management code
> - io/kicad - kicad plugin
> - io/legacy - legacy plgugin
> - io/exporters/specctra - specctra export code
> - io/importers/eagle - eagle import code

I don't know that we need to be this fined grain.  I would rather not
have a folder with two files in it.

> - view/ - GAL display code
> - tools/ - all GAL tools
> - legacy/ - all legacy tools/canvas code
> - ui/ - wx-specific user interface stuff (dialogs, frames, etc.).

Separating legacy/ from ui/ would be almost impossible give how
intertwined they are.  I would just leave them in the root pcbnew/
folder for the time being and move them once the legacy canvas code has
been removed.