Re: Proposed roadmap changes

On 08/03/18 03:21, Ouabache Designworks wrote:

> What happens if you edit a schematic, export the netlist and are
> interrupted before you can save the schematic?

I guess in this case a crash happens sometime after the netlist export
if the user can't save the schematic anymore... Which is bad whether
it's done unix-style or not.

In Kicad, the ultimate netlist is stored in the schematic. The net
indices in PCB are derived from the schematic. Netlist is just an
intermediate file, or in the newer Kicad versions, a variable in the memory.

Please, give me a single argument what benefits Kicad would get by
having a netlist generator as a separate program. I also asked you for
an example of a successful graphical editing application following 'the
unix way', but so far you've not answered my question. Does this mean
that there isn't any?

Tom