Re: More default fields in schematic

On 5/22/2018 12:43 PM, Jeff Young wrote:
>> It should output all fields defined in schematic symbols regardless if
>> each optional field is defined in every symbol.  If they are outputting
>> anything other than that, I would consider this a bug.
>
> I had trouble parsing this.  Are you saying that the list of output fields should be the union of all fields which have a value somewhere (but excluding default fields which are uniformly blank)?

Yes.  It should be the equivalent of a logical OR.  If a field exists in
a single symbol, it should get added to the BOM.

> As it stands in 5.0, default fields don’t get pushed to symbols unless the symbol is edited.  At that point I’m not sure if they’re all pushed, or only those with values.

It used to be that fields only get saved when they are added to the
symbol using the edit symbol properties dialog.  That code has changed a
lot since it was originally written so I cannot confirm this.