Re: 5.1

Hi,

I agree that GTK3 should be a first class citizen of supported toolkit
in the future.

I have gtk3 builds running for testing purpose, and at the moment
scrolling is the most annoying issue in my opinion, which makes it
nearly unusable to simply zoom in/out reliable:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1786515

Another things I noticed:

disappearing UI for a short time)
* some gui elements (+/- for discrete number entries) look misscaled or
have overflow issues with other elements.

When python3 is merged, we can try to get wxPhoenix support into 5.1 as
well. For now only with Linux build support, but this is better than
having no scripting console at all.

Short question: what does USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT change? I didn't see
any differences on my gtk3 builds.

Please note I'm running wx3.1 which seems to have fixed some gtk3 issues
other might experiencing.

Regards,
Thomas