Re: Processing older versions (topic split from v6 Upgrade)

Hi Seth,

On 27.02.19 17:52, Seth Hillbrand wrote:

> Would something similar address your concerns?

From the UI perspective, sure.

The main reason I proposed splitting version upgrade and load/save code
is that it might be easier to maintain in the long run as we pick up
more features and as a result of that more format versions.

If we parse any file version directly to internal structures, then
changing internals will require adapting all existing parsers, while
dedicated upgrade tools (4->5, 5->6, ...) could be stacked, and most of
them would be simple transformations. Also, these tools could be tested
separately.

   Simon