Re: License CC-BY-SA-4.0 used in KiCad

Am 31.03.19 um 20:59 schrieb Wayne Stambaugh:
I reverted this commit so this should resolve the Fedora build issue.

Thank you very much! The Fedora nightlies are indeed back to normal.

Am 31.03.19 um 18:59 schrieb Carsten Schoenert:
> agreed, I just wondering why this just happens now. The field of the
> metadata_license was added by Wayne on Oct 24 2018, that is not that
> long ago. And no one has raised their hands as I posted the patch that
> was removing that field. ;-)

This is not correct. The tag was there from the very beginning, Wayne
just changed its value from CC0-1.0 to CC-BY-SA-4.0 [1].
I'm not an AppStream expert myself, just noticed the packaging failure
and tracked it down to your patch. I guess the issue would have been
discovered anyways (sooner or later). Maybe the Fedora tooling is just a
bit stricter than that of other Linux distributions.

Best regards,
Marcus

[1]
https://git.launchpad.net/kicad/commit?id=4db550353e608ac363995cc65d7e9e2251c4ef48