Re: [RFC] Comments for a Layer Stack Manager in Pcbnew

Sorry if this is mixing things since Michael replied after me.

Continuing on with the numbering I used above:
8. To clarify, I meant the material name in the Material column, not the
layer name in the Name column. I assume this would fit in with adding
custom materials which is to be done later.
9. Even those basic impedance calculations are valuable. And I have found
trace impedance calculations done from a the material stackup just like
this to be accurate. I'm sure there are cases where it's not, and it
appears you've run into those cases, but does that mean it's not worth
adding? Naturally this is just my feedback but I would think it's valuable.
It's a logical extension of this new feature.
10. Got it. Very cool. It would be nice if the units were aligned
immediately when a new value was typed in, rather than having to close and
reopen the dialog to see "1oz" converted to "0.034798 mm". Also, the popup
for max error on allowed thickness error is very annoying to me. If I'm
typing in the copper thickness (or really dielectric thickness as well) I
would not like to be told there is a problem if I know the stackup I'm
targeting. How is max error derived or set? Can this popup be disabled for
users that don't need or want KiCad nagging them?
12. I do not. When supply chain limits my PCB supplier selection I had to
make due with the materials they could offer. And the resulting stackup is
proprietary.

And one thing after trying the below version:
14. The two paste layers have a thinner height that other rows.

Thanks again, JP!

Application: Pcbnew
Version: (5.99.0-76-g3bd38ec24), release build
Libraries:
    wxWidgets 3.0.4
    libcurl/7.61.1 OpenSSL/1.1.1 (WinSSL) zlib/1.2.11 brotli/1.0.6
libidn2/2.0.5 libpsl/0.21.0 (+libidn2/2.1.1) nghttp2/1.34.0
Platform: Windows 8 (build 9200), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian,
wxMSW
Build Info:
    wxWidgets: 3.0.4 (wchar_t,wx containers,compatible with 2.8)
    Boost: 1.68.0
    OpenCASCADE Community Edition: 6.9.1
    Curl: 7.61.1
    Compiler: GCC 8.2.0 with C++ ABI 1013