Re: New border/title blocks?

On 2019-12-02 17:26, Tim Hawkins wrote:

Would this be a suitable starter project?

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019, 9:19 AM Evan Shultz, <evan.shultz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mark,

I agree that the dialog could be improved. And this entire part of KiCad, in fact. But it's also a relatively minor part of KiCad and there are likely more exciting areas in active development.

No, this is a very involved fix. The new templates don't work with KiCad's page resizing assumptions, so we will need to either extend the template integral commands or re-work the templating system to restrict page sizes.

Either one is a complex undertaking. If you would like start tackling some KiCad work, I _highly_ recommend starting with bug fixes rather than features. These get you familiar with the codebase and exposed to the KiCad style. They also have agreed-upon desired results. I've found the best way to do this is to pick a subsystem (pleditor, calculator, gerbview, eeschema, pcbnew) and focus on working out a few bugs in it. You will learn how different parts work together and how the problems have been solved in the past.

If you are interested, please let me know and I'll give you a few options for good starting issues.

Best-
Seth

Seth Hillbrand
KiCad Services Corporation